The concept behind Fertility Fit is to achieve optimal health in both partners in the months before conception to ensure an easy conception, healthy pregnancy and ultimately the healthiest baby you can have. As the saying goes, it can be too little too late once “the horse has bolted”.
Your health in the 4 months prior to conception will affect your child’s health for life. The DNA in your egg and your sperm is produced long before conception and this is why it is vitally important to ensure you are in optimal health long before you start trying to conceive. Conception involves both the male and female partners equally. That is why it is so important that both you and your partner are at optimum health at the time of your conception and producing healthy sperm and eggs to give your child the best possible start in life.
Did you know that a woman’s health for around the 120 days BEFORE an egg is released will determine the health and DNA structure of that egg, and therefore influence that baby?
And, for the man sperm is also produced in the testes around 120 days before that sperm is released? So getting a head start is so very important!!
Unfortunately our reproductive health is adversely affected in many ways by our modern lifestyle and living conditions. We are exposed to a multitude of toxins, chemicals and pollutants on a daily basis, many of which affect hormone and reproductive health. Research has also shown that the majority of Australians don’t receive the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) for many important nutrients. An RDI is the minimum level needed to prevent deficiency; however often the amounts needed for our bodies to function optimally is actually much higher. While many of your nutritional requirements can be maintained by consuming a healthy diet, optimal conception and pregnancy nutrition can be acquired through supplementation. Nutritional supplementation can reduce the risk birth defects, miscarriages, learning difficulties, allergies and asthma while also improving the rates of conception and reducing infertility.
Get Fertility Fit aims to:
- Regulate ovulation and create healthy eggs
- Balance hormone levels
- Create a healthy endometrial lining for implantation
- Reduce the impact of endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease and other hormonal imbalances
- Enhance quality and quantity of cervical mucous
- Improve sperm health
- Educate on intercourse timing for easy conception
- Reduce pregnancy issues- such as morning sickness, reflux, varicose veins, constipation, stretch marks, fatigue, hair loss etc
- Aim for a straightforward labour with less need for interventions
- Increase the chances of successful breastfeeding
- Help you to create the healthiest and happiest baby possible
To simplify- Fertility Fit involves making sure there is adequate nutrition for healthy sperm and eggs and for healthy foetal development, while at the same time educating you on strategies for easy conception and a healthy lifestyle.
Stay tuned for more FERTILITY FIT blogs this month