Is the daily grind giving you headaches? Here’s five tips…
Headaches are becoming increasingly common, and they can take different forms such as migraines or tension headaches. As they greatly impact the quality of your life, we’re often guilty of taking some painkillers and ignoring the problem! But as headaches can be caused by various reasons, including but not limited to, poor posture, stress, sleep patterns, and poor nutrition there are often many solutions.
To help decrease the severity or frequency of your headaches;
- Get enough sleep -adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle. Getting enough sleep plays an important role in your physical, mental and emotional health.
- Fix your sleeping posture – an awkward sleeping position affects the alignment of your spine and can cause stiffness in the morning. Avoid sleeping on your stomach and try to sleep on your back instead to maintain the natural curve of the spine.
- Be mindful of your posture – whether it’s during your commute or at the office, maintaining a good posture is very important for spinal health
- Improve your nutrition – having a nutritious breakfast can make you feel good as you go about your day.
- Drive Smart – if you drive regularly, adjust your seat to make sure that you are not straining any part of your body. Move the seat closer to the steering wheel to support the curve of your back.
Chiro Can Help
Chiropractors regularly diagnose, care for and manage headaches, and many studies have reported on the effectiveness of chiropractic care in alleviating migraine pain and other health issues that arise from neck and back issues.
An Australian study published in the Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapy demonstrated the effectiveness of chiropractic care in treating migraine pain. The Macquarie University study analysed the responses of 127 volunteers who suffered from migraines aged from 10 to 70 years. The researchers found that more than 80% of people who were provided with chiropractic care reported an improvement in migraines.1